Blue Mountain Day Camp
Summer Camps and Beyond in New Jersey
Register for Fairview Lake YMCA Camps' Blue Mountain Day Camp
Perhaps your child isn't one for sleepaway camp. In that case, the Blue Mountain Day Camp may be an excellent choice for them. Fairview Lake YMCA Camps is proud to hold this summer camp each year, on the shores of one of New Jersey's lovely lakes. With programs for children of almost all ages, you're sure to find something that matches your child's grade level, aptitudes, and interests. We're dedicated to helping children realize their best summer ever, whether they're shy, outgoing, or somewhere in between. Find out more about what the Blue Mountain Day Camp can offer your child.
*To pay by Credit Card, please register online, or contact our office for more assistance!
2020 CAMP INFO
Camp Dates: July 6 - August 28
Camp Hours: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Before-Care: 7:30 - 8:30 AM
After-Care: 5:00 - 6:00 PM
Camper-to-Staff Ratio: 3-4 years: 5:1; 5-6 years: 6:1; 7-8 years: 8:1; 9-15 years: 10:1
Camp Director: Carolyn Koch
Camp Registrar: Liam Parker
Y for All
The Y is a leading 501c(3) nonprofit organization for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Through funds raised from the Annual Campaign and special events, we are able to provide financial assistance to qualifying individuals and families so that everyone has a chance to learn, grow, and thrive at the Y.
What Types of Camps Do You Offer?
The 2020 Blue Mountain Summer Camp (BMDC) program is gearing up to provide a range of learning and social opportunities for campers. Within the BMDC program, the team at Fairview Lake YMCA Camps has developed a variety of camps and programs organized by age. Whether your child is only 4 years old or is entering ninth grade in the fall, there's a BMDC activity tailored to them. Here's an overview of the programs you can expect from our 2020 summer camp.
Browse Our Traditional Summer Camp Options
Fairview Lake YMCA Camps is happy to announce four distinct traditional summer camps for our 2020 participants in the Blue Mountain Day Camp. There's a camp geared toward your child's needs based on their age, and each camp offers children the chance to expand their horizons and broaden their interests. You can register for any of the following programs:
- Turtles: For ages 3-5, this summer camp consists of themed weeks and engaging activities that prepare them for starting school in the fall. Attending this camp can help ease your child's transition to kindergarten. Campers must be potty-trained prior to the start of the program.
- Pacers: If your child is entering grades 1 through 3, this is the camp for them. Our counselors will help campers learn new skills, including social skills and self-confidence. Our campers come away with an enhanced understanding of the world around them.
- Pathfinders: For children entering grades 4 through 6, this program includes a wide range of camp activities, including sports and arts and crafts. We focus on increasing children's sense of confidence, independence, and teamwork skills.
- Pioneers: Children entering grades 7 through 9 will love our Pioneer summer camp. We continue offering classic camp activities such as horseback riding, and also work to build upon decision-making skills. This builds character, as well as a sense of independence and self-worth.
Choose from Our Specialty Summer Camps
In addition to traditional camps, Fairview Lake YMCA Camps also offer specialty camps for children to enroll in. More experienced campers will enjoy ranch camp, where they can expand their love for horses and learn more about caring for these majestic animals. Campers will also have the chance to participate in all kinds of sports, crafts, and swimming. For our campers over the age of 15, we also provide Counselor-in-Training programs. If your child loves Blue Mountain Day Camp, they might want to become a leader themselves! Successful participants have the opportunity to volunteer at camp later in the summer.
Before Care 7:30 - 8:30 AM
Campers registered for Before Care can be dropped off at camp as early as 7:30am. Games and crafts will be available as campers arrive.
Busses Arrive 8:15 - 8:45 AM
Various bus routes are available to best suit your family's needs.
Morning Meeting 8:45 AM
Once everyone has arrived, we'll start the day with an all-camp meeting.
Activity Periods 1, 2 & 3 9:00-11:30 AM
Campers will rotate between swim lessons & activities with their counselors and unit!
Lunch 11:45 AM
Each day campers should pack a lunch to enjoy while at camp.
Club Time 12:45 - 2:30 PM
Special, week-long activities that campers choose themselves.
Unit Time, Free Swim & Trading Post 3:00 - 4:55 PM
As the day winds down, campers will regroup with their unit, enjoy the lake and then head down to the Trading Post for a snack.
Busses Depart 5:00 PM
Optional bussing is available with different routes in Sussex County.
After-Care 5:00 - 6:00 PM
Campers not taking a bus home will play games and enjoy fun activities. Registration for After Care is required.
Pick a Club to Participate in Each Week!
While participating in the 2020 Blue Mountain Day Camp program, children also have the opportunity to join several different clubs. We have clubs for nearly any interest where campers can meet like-minded peers. Your child can choose from one or more of the following:
- Sailing: Learn the basics of sailing with an experienced instructor. Must be GREEN level swimmers to participate.
- Climbing: Children conquer their fear of heights and increase their physical strength with indoor and outdoor climbing sessions with certified instructors.
- Fishing: Learn new fishing techniques, as well as the difference between varieties of knots and lures.
- Paddle Boarding & Boating: Have fun with watercraft! Play games on the lake while learning a little about boating in the process.
- Hiking: Explore the woodlands and picturesque scenery on the hiking trails surrounding Fairview Lake YMCA Camps. Campers learn about trail signs and safety.
- Teambuilding: Participate in engaging activities that also promote teamwork and cooperation.
- Fine Arts: Exercise those creative muscles with lots of arts and crafts time. Your child will be an artist in no time!
- Horseback Riding: Older campers have the chance to ride horses during their time at summer camp. Space is limited, and be sure to send your child with the proper attire.
In an effort to serve our families better, we have updated our Trading Post Account System!
Day campers will have the opportunity to purchase a snack and/or a drink at the end of each day. Drink and food items range between $1 and $2.
On Fridays, the trading post sells t-shirts, sweatshirts, stuffed animals and more to help kids remember the fun they had at camp and show off their Fairview Lake Pride! Pens, playing cards and other items are also available.
Trading post balances are non-refundable. At the end of the summer, unused funds will be automatically donated to our Annual Support Campaign.
Providing Before and After-Care for Campers
The 2020 Blue Mountain Day Camp program is scheduled for July 6 - August 28. Summer camp begins at 8:30 AM and ends at 5 PM, but we do offer before and after-care, should you need a few more hours to pick your child up. Drop off begins as early as 7:30 AM, and you can pick your child up as late as 6 PM. Let our staff know if there's any other way we can accommodate you!
Contact Us or Register Today
At Fairview Lake YMCA Camps, we strive to create a nurturing environment for children of all ages. Summer camp is an exciting time in your child's life, and we hope their time at Blue Mountain Day Camp will be memorable for them. With so many activities to choose from, they're sure to find something that engages their curiosity. Contact us today or visit our online registration portal.