Make a Donation | New Jersey
The Strength of Community
The YMCA has been called upon in many crises, conflicts, and emergencies throughout our 170-year-long history. We evolve with the community's needs and societal changes, and now is no different. We are living in extraordinary times, with new challenges and new means of living and connecting. We know that every person in our communities has been impacted either financially, physically, or emotionally by the COVID-19 crisis.
At a personal level, we have new fears, new anxieties and stressors, and in our communities and neighborhoods, we are facing issues arising from this public health crisis such as unemployment, food insecurity, isolation and loneliness, and economic and educational disparities. Where critical emergency services end, endangering the livelihoods of people in our communities, the Y steps in.
We can’t do this important work alone. You have the power to help us bring meaningful, lasting change to our communities. We need your support as we deliver new and innovative programs and services, and keep our communities strong and connected. When our communities are strong, our impact is greater, and the future is brighter for ALL.
The Metropolitan YMCA of the Oranges has set a goal of raising $250,000 this year to support our efforts in the communities we serve.
With a gift today, you are investing in community through programs and services that are focused on:
Community Connections: Enables the Y to provide and connect with local organizations to deliver:
- Access to lifesaving programs like Blood Drives
- Family and community resources that address food insecurity and basic needs of individuals and families less fortunate
- Emergency Child Care for essential workers
Combat Isolation: As you fight to stay healthy and safe at home, we are providing ways to get connected with others and reduce anxiety:
- Senior well checks and socialization activities
- Mental and physical health and wellness through virtual program offerings that are FREE
- Stress & anxiety relief for ALL ages
Academic Support: We are Providing resources and low-cost programs to support the continued academic learning of youth:
- Virtual programs for children to combat learning loss from a disruption of structured school routine
- STEAM based education
- Provide families in need with free access to our Virtual Kindergarten Readiness Program