Principles, Actions and Beliefs:
- We do not sell Stakeholder information.
- Without the Stakeholder’s consent, we do not provide Stakeholder information to organizations or individuals outside the YMCA movement.
- We contractually require any person or organization providing services or products to Metropolitan YMCA of the Oranges to protect the confidentiality of Stakeholder information.
- We will hold strictly confidential all information concerning donors and prospects, including names, addresses, names of beneficiaries, nature and value of estates, amounts of provisions or gifts, etc., unless a donor or prospect grants permission to use selective information for purposes of referral, testimonial, example, recognition, or publicity.
- We have procedures in place to limit access to information to those employees and volunteers who need to know such information in order to fulfill our mission.
- We educate our employees and volunteers on the importance of protecting the privacy and security of confidential personal and organizational information.
- We will use our best efforts to comply with the expressed wishes of any Stakeholder who does not want their name used in any promotional material, wishes their name removed from solicitation lists, or wishes to have their gifts or services be anonymous.
- We will collect, use, and share information about Stakeholder among employees, volunteers, Metropolitan YMCA of the Oranges branches, and the YUSA movement only on a need-to-know basis and for the sole purpose of carrying out Metropolitan YMCA of the Oranges’ mission.
- Information collected and used includes personal information obtained from Stakeholders through pledge cards, letters, surveys, applications, and other forms, in writing, in person, by telephone, or electronically (e.g. name, address, employer, birth date, credit card number, family members, interests, etc.).
- Individual information may also be collected about Stakeholders’ present and past giving history, volunteer activity, committee service, information from public documents and reports, and any other interactions an individual may have had with Metropolitan YMCA of the Oranges including its branches.
- Organizational information collected from Metropolitan YMCA of the Oranges for the purposes of certification or recertification. This information includes all data related to the present, past, and future operational, financial, planning, governance, functioning, and structure of the agencies.
How We Protect Information:
Metropolitan YMCA of the Oranges accepted industry standards and reasonable organizational, electronic, physical, administrative, and technical measures to help safeguard personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure. We take these and other appropriate precautions to help ensure the security, integrity, and confidentiality of about members, donors, volunteers, and prospects’ information; however, no transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your use of the services or engagement with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us as described in the “Questions/Contact Information” section below.
Third Party Content and Links:
Please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your voicemail or emails to Metropolitan YMCA of the Oranges.