YMCA Coronavirus Update | NJ
Open for Summer Family Rentals
Beginning June 28, Fairview Lake YMCA Camps will offer Family Cabin Rentals all summer long. Rent one of our cabins for a week or more, and enjoy activities, meals, and the beauty of Fairview Lake in your own private space. Please visit our Family Camp page for more family programs.
In preparation for our Blue Mountain Day Camp to open July 6, we have developed health and safety guidelines with guidance from the CDC, American Camp Association, and state and local health authorities, meant to protect our campers and counselors. These guidelines address social distancing, health screening, and monitoring, enhanced sanitation, food service practices, smaller camp groups, and more. All families registered for day camp should check their email inbox for an important message and survey regarding day camp reopening.
It is with great sadness we announce we are canceling sleep-away camp at Fairview Lake YMCA Camps for the summer of 2020.
We have modified our cancellation policies for summer camp programs:
- Credit for a 2020 or 2021 Program: We can hold your 2020 camp payment as a credit towards future programs. If you choose this option you will receive an additional bonus credit of 10% of what you've paid*. Your credit can also be used at any Metro Y branch or online program after September 1, 2020.
- Donations: Making a gift of some, or all, of the funds you have already paid ensures that the Metropolitan YMCA of the Oranges continues to provide emergency services, like child care for essential workers, blood donation drives, and food distribution. Thank you for considering a meaningful gift during a time of hardship.
- Refunds: We know that many families and businesses are struggling financially during this time. From now until July 6, we can process a full refund in the amount paid, including your deposit, if you feel it is best not to send your child to day camp. Please be patient with us as it may take up to three weeks to process.
Camp payments will still draft as scheduled, however, if your situation has changed and you would like to modify your payment schedule, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
We know many families have been financially impacted by the coronavirus. The YMCA’s financial assistance program is available to families who need assistance in paying for camp.
We are working with groups to reschedule their trip to camp at a later date this year. If you are a group leader and have questions about your trip, please contact camp.
Alison Fisk, Senior Director
Jennie Griffin, Associate Executive Director
Marc Koch, Executive Director
We are canceling all upcoming April summer camp open houses until further notice. We will keep you informed of any changes or new dates.
We also recognize being at home all day is a novel and strange circumstance for many children and families. Together with our other branches, we are creating a series of videos – everything from group exercise to a sing-along campfire – for your family. We hope these videos bring joy, education, and fun into your home. You can currently access Fairview at Home, fitness classes and child care resources from the comfort of your home.
Impacts on our staff
The loss of revenue associated with the closure of Y branches has resulted in unimagined financial circumstances, requiring a temporary layoff of many staff members who are part of the Metropolitan YMCA of the Oranges. This adjustment in our workforce enables us to sustain the staffing levels and wages that are essential for maintaining current operations.
To help employees affected by the closure of our facilities, you can make a secure online donation to our Employee Assistance Fund.
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is providing regular updates and have information readily available about the virus.
- U.S. State Department issues advisories for travel.
- New Jersey Department of Public Health has statewide information and overviews of how NJ is handling the virus.
Thank you for working with us to ensure the health of your friends, visitors to camp, our YMCA, and the community. We look forward to seeing you soon.